Re: faxq hangs...

Hi,

Search the mail archives & FAQ at www.hylafax.org. Look for "maxing out
cpu".

FAQ Q22 addresses this behaviour. Change O_RDONLY to O_RDWR in config.site
and rebuild. Check the FAQ for precise details.

If this doesn't work, the mail archive for Dec 99 lists a method I used to
get round the problem. It's unsatisfactory, but it works. If you come up
with something better, mail the list!

Best Regards,

Mark Wilson

P. Kay Associates Ltd.

On Thu, 23 Dec 1999, Tom Lear wrote:

> Okay here's the deal, I can get to the modems with other programs, and
> faxgetty reports valid states, but when I send a fax faxq spawns a child
> that grabs all the cpu.
>
> An strace shows this faxq to not be making any system calls.  I need to
> kill this process and the faxgetty before I can kill the job.
>
> Please CC me as I'm not on the list...
>
> Hylafax version: 4.0.2
> Linux 2.2.9 #7 SMP Sat Oct 2 17:56:48 PDT 1999 i686 unknown
>
> 							- Tom

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions