Re: hylafax problems

Ana,

I suspect that your problem may be down to the USR faxmodem - you will find a large volume of correspondence stating that these modems do not work well with Hylafax.

I installed Hylafax myself using a USR 56K voice faxmodem and it was completely unreliable.  Faxes would go to some places and not others.  Some faxes went through blank.  Receiving often failed.  The problem lies in USR's incomplete and imperfect implementation of the fax protocols.

The solution - buy another fax modem.  I bought a MultiTech 2834zdx which is an old modem that implements Class 2 (but not Class 2.0) fax.  There are a lot of reports of this device working satisfactorily with Hylafax although you should read the www.hylafax.org/modems.php page for known issues and fixes.

  Iain Stevenson

On Mon, Dec 13, 1999, 5:56:21 pm GMT Ana Belén Santos wrote:

>	I have installed hylafax in my linux server for sending and
>receiving
>faxes. I use the US Robotics 33.6 Faxmodem Sportster Voice. My problem is
>that
>some faxes machines can't fax to me, but others do it without any
>problem. In
>the logs there isn't anything wrong and I don't know what can be the
>problem.
>
>	Can you help me??
>
>thanks
>
>--