PLEASE: fax to a fax-number, another one answers

guilioo,

Your problem really does appear to be an answering fax-machine with a
mis-configured CSI.  On fax-machines, this identifier is manually set by
an operator.  I have experienced situations where the fax-machine is
moved to another number, but the CSI was not changed.

My system also uses the MT1932ZDX series and has required a firmware
upgrade since purchase.  If you connect directly to the modem, you might
inquire the firmware with ATI1 and compare the response to latest
firmware somewhere under http://www.multitech.com.

The only other option I could offer involves the @ symbol in your
dialstring.  In the ZDX series manual, this is supposed to be a "Quiet
Answer" option.  The manual reads:

  Placed in dial command, @ causes modem to
  wait for a ringback, then 5 seconds of silence,
  before processing next part of command.

Could the remote end be dialing you back, ready to receive fax, but on a
different telephone number?

I hope this helps,

calvin.laurance@bridge.bellsouth.com

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions