Acknowledgement Paging Extension to TAP

Hello,

HylaFax' SNPP setup and TAP configurations have offered great success
with ordinary alpha-numeric pagers and number pagers.  However, a new
"interactive" pager is in use here which reportedly uses TAP-APE
(Acknowledgement Paging Extensions).  This allows positive
acknowledgement of the receipt of a page along with some nifty add-on
features.

The trouble is this: where is the APE protocol documented and how can I
configure/disfigure HylaFax' TAP to utilize this feature?  My biggest
fear is that this is a single-vendor-only extension, but I hate to accuse
someone of this before I am sure.  Has any reader used or heard of this
APE add-on to TAP?

Thanks Ahead,

Calvin Laurance
BellSouth Telecommunications, Inc.