RE: No Dial Tone

> I seem to have a problem that I can't find the answer to.
>
> I tried to send a fax using an internal modem (USR), in Linux the
> command I use is:
>
> sendfax -f hein@informsa.co.za -n -m -d 3621482 fax.complete.ps
>
> This is what I get back from the Fax Master's email:

I assume that you have to dial a number (i.e. 0 or 9) to be able
to call external numbers.

In this case hylafax has to reset your modem with ATX3. Include
the following line in your hylafax-modem-config file:

ModemResetCmds:         ATX3

This tells your modem not to wait for a dialtone. It should even work
if you don't have to dial a number to be able to call external numbers.

Alex

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions