TCP attached modems

Hi,

Hylafax is a super product - we really use it a lot.

Our main application is to send out a broadcast fax
to our customers if we have a serious network outage,
which thankfully does not happen too often, but when
it does, we need to send several thousand faxes as
fast as possible.

One thing I need to do, and currently works about 60%
of the time, is to send faxes out via a modem that
is attached to a remote terminal server, not to a
local unix machine.

I have a lot of Ascend TNTs that I use, and I "trick"
hylafax into using these remote modems like they are
local by using a bit of code called ND which maps a
TCP connection to a pseudoTTY.

Have you considered adding this as a more standard
feature?  There are a couple of things that hylafax
does that make it tricky to use remote modems, like
playing with DTR/DCD and setting the baud rate to
zero to hang up the modem.

If you could add this as a standard feature, it would
be most appreciated!

Thanks,
Mickey

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions