Re: Local telephone line

Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:

> On Tue, 31 Aug 1999, Matthias Reich wrote:
>
> > Joel Revzen wrote:
>
> > > Problem adding a number to the config file.
> > > Explanation:
> > > To phone out of our company a 9 has to be added to the regular phone
> > > number.
> > >  from the command line -Hylafax works O.K. for example:
> > > sendfax -n -d  9,6176667 /tmp/x.tif
> > >                     ^^^^^^
> > > Question:
> > > Where do I insert "9" in the config file so it will be added
> > > automatically?
>
> > Put
> > ModemDialCmd:       ATDT9,%s
> > in your modem config file, so the modem will dial a 9 before every other
> > number it dials
> > c u
> > matthias
>
> Matthias? This is not usually correct. Most "dial 9 first" setups
> are part of a local mail system, and should not use the 9 first
> for local extensions. For that case, a modification of the dialrules
> is more appropriate, as follows:
>
>    [tuvTUV]             = 8
>    [wxyWXY]             = 9
>    ^[+]${Country}               = ${LDPrefix}           ! long distance call
>    ^[+]                 = ${IDPrefix}           ! international call
>    ^[0-9]{7,}$          = 9,&           ! add 9 for outside calls
>    ]
>
> It's the "add 9" line that needs to be added...
Hi Nico,
I thought about that too.
But I made bad experiences with that dialrules/destctrls. I tried to
configure my own
hylafax to use different prefix-numbers for different destinations but
that did
not work properly. mainly because I do not understand what a canonical
number is.
(should be e.g. +49.0711.7880599 for my own fax).
But I submit only the "nude" numbers to sendfax.
e.g. sendfax -d 07117880599 sometext.ps
so which number will hylafax parse then with the dialrules ??
Lets say I want all long distance calls starting with 0711 the rule to
be
dial 01030 as prefix for a different provider.
the rule I put into dialrules is:
^0711* = 01030,&
Is that correct ??

other topic:
I built a Hylafax-Package with the newest beta compiled with gcc 2.9.5
for Solaris 2.4.
Where can I upload it so that it is downloadable for everyone ??
Have a nice day
/Matthias

--
HAGOS eG                 phone: +49 711 7880592
Matthias Reich             fax: +49 711 7880599

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions