RE: help! Hylafax system logging is broken!

> Hmmm. So the problem is that you don't successfully receive error
> messages, not that you can't compile or run the HylaFAX software?

Correct.

>> > Syslog may simply not be installed on your Linux box: it's part of
>> > the "sysklogd" package, available at an RPM site near you.
>>
>> Syslog is definitely installed. I get all kinds of messages. In fact, =
I *used* to get Hylafax messages, but after recompiling it in order to =
put the spool directory on another partition I no longer get Hylafax =
messages.

> OK! This is interesting, and gives a clearer understanding of the
> problem. Have you checked the "syslog.conf" for typos or errors?

Yes I have. And here is one more weird thing: if I am not using xwindows =
and am instead sitting at a plain terminal ttySX screen, the Hylafax =
activity appears on the screen, interrupting whatever I am doing, but =
still does not appear in the log file. ???????

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions