Re: mt3334zdx modem problems

Andrew Depaula wrote:

> Greetings:
>
> using an older Multi Tech MT28...something something modem (it was one of the ones on the list in the docs.) Now I've bought a couple of newer modems (MT3334ZDX) which I was hoping to use with the system in more of a production environment.
> But I've been having troubles with them. Faxaddmodem seems to configures them almost right, I had to modify the dial command slightly. but every time I send a fax, it aborts at the very end, despite the fact that the pages went through  just fine and were confirmed by the recieving end. Here's the tail end of the transcript showing the error:

> Jul 21 14:57:17.20: [39102]: SEND FAX (00000017): FROM root@PAepic1 TO 6056 (docq/doc7.ps;30 sent in 0:16)
> Jul 21 14:57:17.26: [39102]: <-- [5:ATH0\r]
> Jul 21 14:57:17.46: [39102]: --> [7:+FHNG:2]     <--------------------------------------------------------------------------the offending command!
> Jul 21 14:57:17.46: [39102]: REMOTE HANGUP: Call aborted,  from +FK or <CAN> (code 2)
> Jul 21 14:57:17.46: [39102]: --> [2:OK]
> Jul 21 14:57:17.46: [39102]: SESSION END
>
> When I looked up the meaning in the man pages here's what I found:
>
> REMOTE HANGUP %s (code %s) The modem returned a hangup status
> code "FHNG:2" to the host. This indicates a protocol problem that was determined
> within the modem. There is usually nothing the server can do to work around such errors.
> -Andrew

I was having exactly the same problem, with the same type of modem.
Except I am using Unixware 7.0.1 on a PC.  The problem seemed to be that
I was using the modem on an Equinox SST port.  When I moved the modem to
a COM port, the problem went away.  Every fax ended in a FHNG:2 even
though it was received on the far end okay.  I suspect it was caused by
a flow control and/or an RS232 signal problem on the Equinox port.  I
have not had a chance to look any deeper for the cause.  I am going to
be trying a USR Courier V.Everything modem on the Equinox card to see if
it has the same problem.

Jim Dossey

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions