Re: Using Linux as a client

On Fri, Jul 16, 1999 at 12:41:16PM -0400, Paul Williamson wrote:
> My question is how do I get my RH 6.0 box to function as a client for
> the RH 5.2 box (which is running as the server for everything else)?  I
> can send faxes from the RH5.2, Win95 and Mac boxes, but just can figure
> out how to get the RH 6.0 box to recognize the fax port on 5.2.  I'd
> like to fax from the RH 6.0 machine 'cause that's my main machine, and
> I've been trying to completely get myself off Windoze, but unless I have
> an X11 client, I won't be able to.  Should I be using KDE or some other
> window manager?  Thanks!

Well, the X clients all call sendfax, as I understand it, and sendfax
can be told, either through switches or environment variables, which
server to connect to -- the default being localhost -- does this help?

Cheers,
-- jra
Member of the Technical Staff     Buy copies of The New Hackers Dictionary.
The Suncoast Freenet            Give them to all your friends.
Tampa Bay, Florida     http://www.ccil.org/jargon/             +1 813 790 7592

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions