REMOTE HANGUP : Unspecified Transmit Phase Error (Code 20)

Hi,

I have recently setup a Hylfax V4.0PL2-1 on RedHat 6.0 using the binary
dist files.  I use an Active 33.6 Modem (Class 2, Rockwell Chipset).
Apart from a few minor problems the install went fine.  The problem I am
having now is that every time I try to send to a fax it dials OK, the
modem realises its a fax call ok, but it halts when it tries to
negotiate a speed giving the above error message in the message log
file.  I realise there are some problems with Canon fax machines (which
I am sending the fax to), however, I have limited my DTE-DCE rate in my
config.modem to 19200.

Could this be purely a postscript problem (pagewidth > than fax can
handle) ?  or is there more to it?  Most of the messages I viewed in the
mail list archive with similar problems where from 1997, would they
still apply??  Anyway, I tried most of them and it didnt fix my problem.

I have also made the change to my config.modem :
    Class2NRCmd:            AT+FNR=1,1,1,0  # setup status reporting

Still no cigar :-(

Any help on this matter will be greatly appreciated
--
Brett Winch
winch@powerup.com.au

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions