Re: RE: Moving hylafax outside a firewall

hi,

as far as i know, Hylfaxa uses a FTP-Protokol for transfering data to
the server. The ports 4558 and 4559 are only used for the
control-connection to the server, data is transfered over an randomly
chosen TCP-Port between client and server.
And that transfer is initiated from the server side...
==> big problem with firewall.
Christoph

Andrew Webb schrieb:

> Jamie,
>
>         Well, I opened all the TCP/IP ports in to the main net from the Hylafax
> server in the DMZ and now it works fine. Problem is, that kind of defeats
> the object of putting it outside the firewall in the first place ! So, there
> must be some other TCP ports that are required for some purpose other than
> 4558 and 4559. Any ideas ?
>
> Andy

> Hi Andy
> This message was forwarded by a colleague, as I am not on your list.
> Your problem could be caused by a few things, but I'd be checking your
> TCP/IP config. Make sure your default gateway, IP address and mask are
> appropriate for the segment it is now connected to.
>
> Good Luck
>
> Cheers, Jamie.

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions