Re: Tag line suppression

On Thu, Jul 08, 1999 at 09:56:02AM -0500, Bob Perschau wrote:
> > US Law requires that all Fax transmissions be identifiable as to their
> > sender.  A cover page, with the appropriate information on it, fulfills
> > this requirement.  It's also, I believe, only necessary if the receiver
> > is someone "with whom you do not have an (already) ongoing business
> > relationship".
> >
> > Cheers,
> > -- jr 'IANAL' a
>
> This is the case.  From what I understand we are going to use it for order
> confirmation with distributors.  In any event, can someone cite the law in
> question?  I'll need it if it comes to a head-butting contest with our
> applications people.

47 USC 227 (d)(1)(B)

http://uscode.house.gov/

> Getting back to my original question, can the tagline be eliminated without
> going into the source?  It seems that you should be able to do it in the
> config(4) file, but thats not working.

Can't help you there; you're right; it should be configurable.

Cheers,
-- jra
Member of the Technical Staff     Buy copies of The New Hackers Dictionary.
The Suncoast Freenet            Give them to all your friends.
Tampa Bay, Florida     http://www.ccil.org/jargon/             +1 813 790 7592

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions