Re: Tag line suppression

> On Wed, Jul 07, 1999 at 03:00:43PM -0700, Alan Sparks wrote:
> > Is this for use in the U.S.?  I thought Federal law dictated the
presence of
> > a tagline...  Please correct me if I err.
>
> US Law requires that all Fax transmissions be identifiable as to their
> sender.  A cover page, with the appropriate information on it, fulfills
> this requirement.  It's also, I believe, only necessary if the receiver
> is someone "with whom you do not have an (already) ongoing business
> relationship".
>
> Cheers,
> -- jr 'IANAL' a
> --

This is the case.  From what I understand we are going to use it for order
confirmation with distributors.  In any event, can someone cite the law in
question?  I'll need it if it comes to a head-butting contest with our
applications people.

Getting back to my original question, can the tagline be eliminated without
going into the source?  It seems that you should be able to do it in the
config(4) file, but thats not working.

Bob Perschau

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions