Re: Setting up a Telebit 3000

Hmmm, it probably means that the EEPROM profile called up on DTR drop is
broken (or at least incompatible with Hylafax). Likely, since the modem
was doing dedicated UUCP duty until recently. Another register-by-register
session with the modem...

Otherwise, Hylafax works great! (OpenBSD 2.5, built from ports tree)

Thanks
 --Louis  <louis@bertrandtech.on.ca>

Louis Bertrand       http://www.bertrandtech.on.ca
Bertrand Technical Services, Bowmanville, ON, Canada

OpenBSD: Because security matters.  http://www.openbsd.org/

On Thu, 8 Jul 1999, Bob Perschau wrote:

> > There seems to be a little problem with the modem setup for the Telebit
> > 3000/Worldblazer modem. I was getting timeout messages with every transmit
> > operation (using hylafax-v4.0pl2)
> >
> > The problem seems to be the use of the DTR &D command to reset the modem
> > on dropped DTR. It defaulted to &D3 which reloads the configuration
> > profile specified by S255. I changed it to &D2 which does the reset but
> > leaves the configuration alone. If you don't change anything in the
> > default setup, it may at least be worth a note in the docs.
> >
> > Please reply directly, I don't subscribe to the list.
> >
> > Thanks
> >  --Louis
> >

> We're also using HylaFAX-v4.0pl2 with the 3000/WorldBlazer modem.  The
> default settings work just fine on my HP-UX and Linux (Intel) systems.
>
> Regards,
> Bob

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions