Re: WIN98, WHFC and Linuxserver

mmcorner wrote:

> Hi,
> we have Problems with WIN98 and the Program WHFC-Client (Linux Hylafax).
> We can not send FAX because we have all time the same Problem. First "Can
> not set Privileges" second "Acess Denied". The client hostname is entered in
> /var/spool/fax/etc/hosts. Have you any idea ?
> my email: mmcorner@t-online.de
>
> Thanks
> Giuseppe Campus

This could be a case of encryption of 98 passwords?
..but my guess is that it has more to do with
/var/spool/fax/etc/hosts (man 5 hosts)

The simplest work around is to set your username
under WHFC to user@localhost with the supplied
hosts file.

If that works, add security to hosts like...

192.168.1

... on a line by itself (like the 127.0.0 entry)
which will allow local domain logins!

Keith

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions