faxq won't die!

Problem: Sometimes I issue a 'faxquit' command and 'faxq'
just won't die.  Worse yet, it keep spawning 'faxsend'
processes.

The system is outgoing only, so I don't run faxgettys.
Here are the symptoms after issuing a 'faxquit' command:

	o If there are no 'faxsend' processes currently
	  running, both 'hfaxd' and 'faxq' terminate, as
	  expected.

	o If there IS at least one 'faxsend' process
	  running, 'hfaxd' terminates but 'faxq' keeps on
	  going, presumably waiting for all the 'faxsend'
	  processes to terminate before exiting.  The
	  problem is, it continues to spawn elligible
	  'faxsend' processes even though I want it to
	  finish.

I'm running Hylafax 4.0pl2 on an Ultra-2 Solaris 2.6 system.
I've trussed 'faxquit' and it seems to be interacting with
'hfaxd' correctly.

Am I missing something?  Is this a known bug?  Fix anyone?

Thanx.

Dave

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions