Re: Mailer -> Fax Gateway ??

I did this:

I am not that familiar with the RedHat method but this worked for
Slackware.

1. Get the m4 macro package.

2. In the sendmail src directory, edit the .mc file that best suits your
system.

I am using:
   /usr/src/sendmail/cf/cf/linux.nodns-smtp.mc

and have edited it.

Which looks like:

include(`../m4/cf.m4')
VERSIONID(`linux for smtp-only setup')dnl
OSTYPE(linux)
FEATURE(nodns)dnl
FEATURE(nouucp)dnl
FEATURE(always_add_domain)dnl
MAILER(local)dnl
MAILER(fax)
MAILER(smtp)dnl

The line MAILER(fax) was all I had to add to get a working sendmail.cf
and the way to send a fax is
user@123254345.FAX
as discussed in various emails in the archives.

Quote from the Slackware README file in /usr/src/sendmail

--
Andrew Croke         Fax: +61 (0)3 9347 5887
P.O Box  451         Mob: +61 (0)411 511 160

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions