Re: More compile problems with Linux 2.2

After much effort I've achieved a successful compile of hylafax on Red
Hat 6.0.  My problem is I don't know who's in charge here.  Who's
assembling all the bits to bring this wonderful package up to date?
Is anyone working toward a new release incorporating the myriad
patches and improvements?  I would like my experience not to be
repeated by countless others.  The details, nearly 800 lines, are too
big for this newsgroup.

Briefly, I started with hylafax-v4.0pl2-tar.gz, added nearly all the
patches from www.hylafax.org/patches/index.php, plus Robert
Colquhoun's patch for util/Dispatcher.c++.  This devil's brew resulted
in a configure script that wouldn't run.

After much editing, it now does run correctly and all warning messages
are gone except for three from Socket.h that I don't know how to fix,
but seem innocuous.  I fixed a few errors in some of the patches, and
had to edit out some lines from port.h that provoke warnings.

My notes are available on request by private email to anyone who's
interested.

--
	David A. De Graaf    DATIX, Inc.    Hilton Head Is., SC
	degraaf@rhsnet.com       843-785-3136, -3156 (fax)

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions