Re: Zyxel U-1496E RTN errors

At 11:07 27/04/99 -0700, Jim Stosick <jws@lindy.stanford.edu> wrote:
>I just installed Hylafax v4.0pl2, and am using it with a Zyxel U-1496E
>V6.19 fax modem.
>
>[snip]
>
>I found other reports of the RTN problem in the mailing list archive,
>but no reported solution.  Perhaps the information on the Hylafax web
>site about the Zyxel U-1496E should be updated to suggest using Class 2
>mode with this modem.

Can do, if another user can confirm your findings.

Several Zyxel users have said that the 6.19 firmware does give a big
improvement to the RTN problem. Alan Sparks also mentioned that he had
set the server to default to fine mode as well ( add the tag 'VRes: 196'
in your sendfax.conf file in the /usr/local/lib/fax directory ).

Perhaps you can try this and let us know if this makes a difference on
your system.

Cheers,
Phil Watkinson,
Boston, UK.

PS Users of Zyxel models Elite 2864, Elite 2864i and the Omni 288S should
   have firmware revision 1.21 or later to fix this RTN problem.

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions