Re: SV: V90 and Fax detect

On Tue, Apr 20, 1999 at 07:46:35AM +0100, Peter =D8rum wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 19, 1999 at 09:35:04PM +1000, Keith Gray wrote:
> > Has anybody got a Hayes command, or similar S reg setting, to either
> > stop the V90 modem sending tones...=20
> > or to stop the faxgetty modem deciding to receive a fax, when you try=
> > dial up a data connection?
>=20
> I could be wrong (Darren knows, it's happened enough this month), but I
> believe that AT+FCLASS=3D0 will cause the modem not to send calling ton=
es
> when it's dialing a data call.  I had to fix this once, and I _think_
> that's what I did...
>
> Just add M0 to the initialization command that should turn the modem sp=
eaker off (if not everyone so 99 percent of them)

It will be for the list to decide whether _I_ misunderstood him, or you
did... but I'm fairly certian that Keith was talking about his dialling
modem sending FAX CNG tones even though he was trying to make a data
call... trigging the terget faxmodem into FAX receive mode accidentally.

Hope this helps<tm>.

Cheers,
-- jra
--=20
Jay R. Ashworth                                                jra@baylin=
k.com
Member of the Technical Staff     Buy copies of The New Hackers Dictionar=
y.
The Suncoast Freenet            Give them to all your friends.
Tampa Bay, Florida     http://www.ccil.org/jargon/             +1 813 790=
 7592

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions