Re: client access ?

David Woolley wrote:

> You need to change the permissions on the files, I think there may

Done, but the browser keeps saying that's unable to find the directory
or file.

> I don't believe it actually sends a URL; I think your email program
> may be inferring one, although I could be wrong on this point.

This is an example of how the user receive the url:

recvq/fax05090.tif
(http://portero.promed.local/promed/centraldefaxes/recvq/fax05090.tif):
//this url works
     Pages: 3
   Quality: Normal
      Page: North American Letter
TimeToRecv: 1:57
SignalRate: 7200 bit/s
DataFormat: 2-D MR

CommID:     c00006732 (ftp://portero.promed.local:4559/log/c00006732)
//this url doesn't works

> > navigator in the office have the prizm tiff plug-in they can see them
>
> All the browsers I know, when correctly configured, can cope with
> TIFF files on ftp URLs.

I'm running  MacOS, linux and Windows98, the Macs use the Prizm plug-in
and the PCs use imaging
the email client is communicator, because of disk space in the clients
computers the faxes remains in the server.

> *Do not* convert faxes to JPEG; it is a very inappropriate format for

done, I'm using png now.

Thanks
Ken

Trust your wings to the wind, but build your own nest against the storm.

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions