Re: proxy server problem

> 	We are running the rpm version of hylafax on a redhat 5.2 box with
> 2.2.5 kernel installed. the box sits outside of our local firewall. When I
> try to connect to it from a 192.168..x.x address it fails to authenticate
> every time.

If you are using this address inside the firewall, you must be using
masquerading.  In that case, any machine outside the firewall will
see the address of the firewall, not the inside address.

Moreover, at least some of the Hylafax protocols are equivalent to PORT
mode FTP on a non-standard port, and will need intelligent firewall support,
e.g. build a modified version of the Linux ftp masquerading module, if
you are using Linux.  Others may need rather more work to produce a
masquerade module.

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions