Re: Unix works but can't send from whfc -- any advise?

Thank you for your response, Uli.

Our version of Ghostscript is 5.10 (rpm ghostscript-5.10-1 and
ghostscript-fonts-5.10-1).  Our version of hylafax is RPM
hylafax-4.0pl2-3rh5  and I've tried WHFC version 1.05 and beta
version 1.1.0).  I'm using the Apple Laserwriter driver for WHFC
under Windows 98.  The job appears to make it to the server, but
the status (faxstat -s) continually looks something like:

HylaFAX scheduler on fax.acd.ucar.edu: Running
Modem ttyS0 (+1.303.555.5555): Waiting for modem to come ready

JID  Pri S  Owner Number       Pages Dials     TTS Status
29   127 W fredri 3035555554    0:0   0:12

I checked to be sure that the Postscript file that ends up in
/var/spool/fax/docq can be processed by the ps2fax script, and
in fact it has no problem with the file -- no error messages, and
producing what seems to be a valid tiffg3 file.

Any other thoughts anybody?

> Tim Fredrick wrote:
> >
> > Hi everybody,
>

> >    However, whfc installed on a Windows98 machine doesn't do anything.
> > I try to print something, fill in the fax number, move the slider to
> > "send fax job at now".
> > In the status monitor and in "faxstat" I get:
> >
> >         Modem ttyS0 (+1.xxx.xxx.xxxx): Waiting for modem to come ready
> >
> > This never changes.  In the syslog, I get "FaxQueuer[19578]: SUBMIT JOB 25"
> > and in /var/spool/fax/sendq I get a short file called q25 and in
> > /var/spool/fax/docq I get a "doc29.ps.25" file which looks fairly normal
> > with "%!PS-Adobe-3.0" at the beginning and %%EOF followed by a ^D at the
> > end.
> >
> > I turned debug on to a high level and aside from the
> > "FaxQueuer[19578]: SUBMIT JOB 25" message, nothing appears in the syslog.
>
> Hi,
>
> check this postscript files with the ghostscript on your HylaFAX server
> and see whats happens. Also Infos about the Version of WHFC, HylaFAX
> and ghostscript and your server os would be helpful.
>
> Uli
> --
> Ulrich Eckhardt                         Tr@nscom GbR
> http://people.frankfurt.netsurf.de/uli  http://www.transcom.de