RE: Switching Modem to Data

Hi,
iwas yesterday not in my office, so i'll tell you today what is my experience:
I'm using dev ttySx for every purpose without problems since there was the 2.0.0 kernel
released for linux, and i have never had any problems with hylafax and other programs.
So my suggestions for all people running linux are:
1.) upgrade your kernel at least to 2.0.34, better 2.0.36, because they became faster and more safe,
2.) use ttySx devices to access serial ports, because there are no problems doing so, (AFAIK)
   and they get a propper locking mechanism for theire devices.
greetings and have a nice day
	Christoph scheeder