Re: Problems receiving faxes (corrupt TIFF files?).

> I've just installed Hylafax (latest version in RPM format) on a Linux
> system running Red Hat 5.2.  I also installed the latest (v5.10)
> Ghostscript and matching GS fonts.

The latest Ghostscript is 5.50 and has been for around 6 months.  5.10
might be the latest GPLed one.  Your problem is not with ghostcript, though.

> The fax modem is a Class 2 (not 2.0) internal fax modem.

Is your receive trigger value correct for your modem?  The default is
wrong for many current modems.  Common settings are DC1 (default) and
DC2.

> I had a look through the session logs, buit these didn't indicate
> anything abnormal, such as a line dropout.  One fax, which was 3 pages
> actually had 3 pages in the received TIFF file, but all of these "pages"
> were only a few cm high!).

Please include them.  They almost certainly show too little data
transferred for the time taken.

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions