Re: wedged??

On Fri, Mar 19, 1999 at 09:15:32AM +0000, Ian Diddams wrote:
> Anyhow, I'm only looking to send faxes so I've got rid of that and have
> just run faxmodem /dev/cua/a.  And no more emails telling me /dev/cua/a
> is wedged.  Yippee!!

Of course not.  It's faxgetty tat causes those mails to happen.

> Now all I;ve got to do is get rid of the
> Modem cua/a (+XXXXXXXXXXX): Waiting for modem to come ready
> that faxstat reports!!

Alas, _that's_ fixed by faxgetty, too.  You really ought to run it
anyway; if it's continuously reporting wedgeage, there's probably a
botch in your config file.  You might turn session tracing way up and
look at the log.  Or post a pointer to it, if you have someplace to
park it, and maybe someone else can help interpret why it's not
answering.

Cheers,
-- jra
Member of the Technical Staff     Buy copies of The New Hackers Dictionary.
The Suncoast Freenet            Give them to all your friends.
Tampa Bay, Florida     http://www.ccil.org/jargon/             +1 813 790 7592

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions