Re: MODEM SURVEY

>> =========================
> Modem manufacturer:
> Modem model (include as many characters as you can find):
> Firmware release/date/other ID:
> Port speed:
> Grade:
> (A=Works perfectly, B=Occasionally squinky, C=PITA, D=Major PITA,
> F=won't work [ie: winmodems])
>
> (and also attach your etc/config.ttyXX file for (at least one of) this
> model of modem.  Feel free to XX out things you don't want public; I'm
> only interested in configuration stuff.)

I'd also like to see the service class included, e.g., 1, 2, or 2.0.
This can be obtained with the query:

		at+fclass=?

Class 2 or 2.0 modems are better for multiuser systems, since the critical
timing in the protocol is handled by a dedicated microprocessor in the modem.

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions