wedged??

I've perused the archives but found no definitive answer (it appears!!)

I have made the fatal mistake of having had bought for me a US Robotics
56K Faxmodem with which to run Hylafax, 'cos after all they're the dogs'
doo-dahs aren't they, good ol' USR?

Well, as I now learn they are the dogs doo-daas for everything except
Hylafax !!  :-)

So tomorrow I'll be off to the boss to get him to buy something
unlikelily named such as "CrudMeister fax Modem Mk XIV" (made in N.
Korea) because it appears that whilst USR ain;t no good, this will be
despite nobody having heard of them!!  ;-)

Anyhow, just for interests sake.....

- has ANYBODY got a US Robotics 56K Faxmodem to work with Solaris 2.6
using gcc v 2.8.1 on a Sparc 10?  I've tried consiguring for both class
1 and 2.0 with no joy.

- has anybody ANY idea what "wedged" is, what causes it, and why
/dev/cua/a is wedged before I've even done anything

- why faxgetty runs all the time, respawning when I kill it, even though
it is NOT in inetd.conf!

Cheers!!

Ian

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions