Hylafax40pl2-RH5.2 - receiving blank faxes - sending ok

Out of frustration, I am posting here.

I am running Linux 2.0.36 (RH5.2) with the RPM obtained from
cirl.meei.harvard.edu. After a bit of fiddling, I got it all running
and it sends faxes without a problem.
However, when I send a fax _to_ this machine, the resultant
fax0000xx.tif file when displayed is blank.
I have no idea where to even start looking here.

If I attempt to display another type of tif file with faxview I get
the same blank image, so I am not sure if it's somewhere in the
conversion process or what.

Could someone point me in the right direction to sort this out
please?
Yes, I have been through the archives and FAQ and found nothing there
that helped me. Most of the comments there were already implemented
in the standard install or didn't apply to my setup.

Thanks in Anticipation.
Regards,
Brad.

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions