hfaxd segfaults on redhat/axp

I've been trying to recompile hylafax4.0-pl2 for quite a while now, with
limited success.

I finally pulled a source rpm for redhat 5, that included just about every
imaginable patch, and went through and compiled that just fine.

Running hfaxd -i 4559 (like I had done previously) seemed to work just fine,
until I tried to connect to the port, at which point:

Mar 15 14:19:47 alpha HylaFAX[11207]: CAUGHT SIGNAL 11
[Segmentation Fault]

I ran gdb on hfaxd, and here's what ensued:

[root@alpha /root]# gdb /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/hylafax-v4.0pl2/hfaxd/hfaxd
GNU gdb 4.17
conditions.
This GDB was configured as "alpha-redhat-linux"...
(gdb) run -di 4550
Starting program: /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/hylafax-v4.0pl2/hfaxd/hfaxd -di 4550
[At this point I telnet to the machine at port 4550]
0x12004d62c in Dispatcher::notify (this=0x12018fd20, nfound=1,
rmaskret=@0x11ffff790, wmaskret=@0x11ffff810,
    emaskret=@0x11ffff890) at Dispatcher.c++:666
666                         int status = _rtable[i]->inputReady(i);
(gdb) continue
Continuing.

Program exited normally.
(gdb) quit

I tried commenting out the offending line in Dispatcher.c++, to no avail -
now it just doesn't work at all.  I don't know very much about C/C++
programming, so it would be helpful if someone with more experience could
give me some advice.  Thank you.

System Configuration:

DEC AlphaStation 600 5/333
uname -a reveals:
Linux alpha.ie.lehigh.edu 2.2.3 #2 Fri Mar 12 15:36:01 EST 1999 alpha
unknown
Red Hat Linux release 5.1 (Manhattan)
using hylafax-4.0pl2-3rh5.src.rpm taken from
ftp://ftp.hylafax.org/hylafax/binary/linux/srpms/
egcs-1.1.1
binutils-2.9.1.0.22b

I can't think of anything else pertinent, but if you can, just ask.

--
Steve

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions