Re: send to email as a tiff?

> Can someone tell me how to send the tiff image instead of the postscript
> file to an email address?

This was discussed on the list about two to three weeks ago.

> I want to have one person receive the faxes and distribute them.  I
> figured it would be easier to have tiff images emailed so they can view
> the file on the desktop.  Im not sure how to view a postscript file!

Most people find postscript easier to view!  An unstated desktop these days
normally means Windows 95, which will support the gsview/ghostscript
combination.  If you mean a Linux X desktop, you must already have
ghostscript, and it is likely to be built with the X driver.

The TIFF viewer that comes with Windows 95/8/NT is temperamental about
the exact formats that it will handle, e.g. it will support G4, but
not G3 2D.  Hylafax, by default, uses the senders format, which is most
often G3 2D, although sometimes G3 1D; you won't get G4 off analogue
fax machines.

TIFF is more space efficient (G4 fax coded postscript is similar, but
that's not what you'll get with the tools supplied, and requires a
modern printer).

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions