Re: 2-D MR data format ...

At 02:07 PM 1/5/99 -0600, Tim Kelley wrote:

>> I notice some faxes are getting mailed by faxrcvd in 2-D MR format and
>> some in 1-D MR format; I'm mailing them as TIFF, not postsrcipt.
>>
>>  Sender: 704 396 8888
>>      Pages: 2
>>    Quality: Normal
>>       Page: North American Letter
>> TimeToRecv: 1:24
>> SignalRate: 9600 bit/s
>> DataFormat: 2-D MR
>> ReceivedOn: cua1
>>
>> For some reason the program associated with TIF in Windows (wang
>> imaging) cannot read the TIFs in 2-D MR data format -- is there any way
>> to force hylafax to use the 1-D MR format?
>
>I forgot to mention - I am using a Multitech 2834 which is obviously
>capable of 2d encoding - this recently replaced a Sportster 14.4 which
>did not so it was never a problem.  I can't find any reference to 1-D or
>2-D encoding in config.cua1 or man faxgetty nor the multitech manual and
>ony a few vague references on the hylafax web site ... I really need to
>turn this feature OFF - non of our image programs can read the resulting
>TIFFs!!!

>From man config

       RecvDataFormat
              The  data  format  (compression  scheme)  to  write
              received facsimile data when copy quality  checking
              is  enabled on the host.  (When copy quality check-
              ing is not done by the server the received  facsim-
              ile  data is written exactly as it is received from
              the modem.)  The format may  be  one:  ``1-D  MR'',
              ``2-D  MR'',  ``2-D  MMR'',  or  ``adaptive''.   An
              ``adaptive'' format causes the received data to  be
              written  using  the  data  format negotiated by the
              sender and receiver.  Note that while  2-D  MMR  is
              the  most space-efficient data format the resultant
              file may not be  viewable  (certain  commonly  used
              programs do not properly read multi-strip TIFF with
              2-D MMR data).

I think the problem is the Sportster doesn't do copy quality checking.  You
might need to do some post processing in the faxrcvd script

- Robert

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions