HylaFAX-v4.0pl2

I'm trying to get  started with a binary distribution of Hylafax-4.0pl2.
The documentation seems a little cryptic to me at times.
I've run faxsetup and faxaddmodem for a Gateway 2000 Telepath II.
faxq and hfaxd are running but when I try to use sendfax. I get a mail
message back from the system that states.
"modem on /dev/cua0 appears wedged" and "repeated attempts to initialize
the modem have failed".
It also says "Consult the server trace logs".
 What is the name of the server trace log and where do I find it?
 Any ideas what could cause this?

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions