Re: Client commands

In message <36898291.D6D6B87D@usa.net>, Leonardo Pedretti writes:
>I am writing a win32 client for hylafax, but i can not find any document
>that explains in full detail the new protocol. I have managed to
>discover from trial and error, here and there, and reading RFC's from
>the FTP protocol the way to submit a fax, but there are a lot of
>commands (the JPARM secondary commands for example) that I can't figure
>what do they do, or exactly what information must be sent to the HylaFAX
>server in order to make a proper fax sending. If you could tell me of
>some RFC or similar to this protocol, i would be spending a lot less
>work on trying to figure it myself and trying and trying again...

*hint* I went to http://www.hylafax.org/ and hit the search menu option on the left hand side. I entered 'protocol' and pressed SEARCH. The hit below was second on the list.

See http://www.hylafax.org/HylaFAQ/Q90.php

Basically try out all the client-side commands and use the -v flag to trace the protocol. That and reading the source is the best you can do, I'm afraid.

Such a document would be useful of course . . . perhaps you could contribute what you learn ;-)

-Darren

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions