Re: multi-image tiff -> PDF?

I can't vouch for this, since I haven't tried it, but I think it might
work...

I know of no tiff2pdf convertor (all-in-a-bag), but you might look at
using fax2ps (included w/ HylaFAX) to convert the TIFF into PS, and
passing the mess through your GhostScript engine with the PDF output
generation option.

I don't know what quality you'll get (or if it'll be usable), but seems
like a cheap solution worth looking at.  You'll need to do a little
research on the fax2ps and gs programs to get the right options -- if
you can't find them, write to me and I'll see if I can find a hint or
two.

-Alan

Darrell Berry wrote:

> i'm thinking about the best way to distribute incoming faxes, and would
> much rather they were PDF format (image layer only, i'm not planning
> ocr!) than TIFF, as we use PDF extensively already, and people are
> familiar with it...
>
> does anyone know if a linux-friendly command line tiff2pdf convertor,
> which will sensibly make each image in a multi-image TIFF into a
> separate page in the PDF file?
>
> thnx!

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions