3Com USR 56k Voice Faxmodem

Thank you all for your kind help. However, I still have the same
problem:

When transmitting faxes to fax machines, all pages go through and are
received at the other site. However, for some reason, my modem or
maybe HylaFAX appears to think that this is not the case. After
transmitting the last page there is always an error message

	No response to MPS repeated 3 times

when the fax is multi page, and

	No response to EOP repeated 3 times

when it is single page.

Switching to Class 1 has not helped, and even the configuration file
from Gerry Doris for use with Class 2.0 did not change anything
(thank you, Gerry, nevertheless).

Has anyone achieved to get the modem work with Hylafax successfully?

I understand that USR modems had problems with Class 2.0, however,
I hoped that this was a problem of the past (1996 and earlier).

Any help is much appreciated!

So long, a Merry Christmas to all of you,

	Peter
	  The manual said the software required Windows 95
	  	   or better, so I installed Linux.