Re: HELP! What does "No response to MPS" mean???

Hello all,

I tried sending the fax to the same number from another hylafax server and
it works fine.  So, I really
don't know what's the problem behind this scenario.  The problemed hylafax
server works fine with
some numbers and it's only this one which all of a sudden, pop up with that
error message.  What might
cause the problem?  By the way, I forgot to mention in my previous message
that I'm using a US Robotics
56K fax modem with hylafax runnining on the Solaris 2.6.

Robert, I had problem moving a working hylafax system to a site which used
PABX.  That site needs a
2 digit access code to make long distance dialling, but for placing local
calls, I just put the modem dial command
as ATDT9,W%s, i.e. to wait for second dialtone before dialling the actual
number and it worked fine.  The people
in the site is satisfied with the ability to make local calls which is 90%
of their faxing.  We didn't investigate
any further regarding how to deal with the 2 digit access code then.

Thank you very much for your attention!

Sandie

robert a schmied <robert.schmied@lmco.com> on 12/08/98 12:18:20 PM