Re: **DILEMMA**

On 5 Dec 98, at 18:19, Mr. Arlington Hewes wrote:

[snip]
> The catch-22 is that I must have faxq running to faxalter the jobs. But if
> I do, it outraces me.
>
> Suggestions?

Wouldn't it be better to kill faxq temporarily and manually edit (or by
perl/shell script) the files in /var/spool/fax/sendq ?

The files beginning with 'q' seem to contain the kill time as the nbr
of secs since the epoch.  e.g.-

killtime:913078800

Making this some larger nbr would stop the faxes being killed I
assume (I haven't tried it).   Then you could restart faxq.

HTH

--paul

  Paul S. Russell, CMY Systems Sdn. Bhd., Shah Alam, Malaysia
  E-mail: paulr@cmysys.com  Web: http://www.cmysys.com/info/
  Phone: +60 (0)3 559 4616  Fax: +60 (0)3 550 4249
  Visit Malaysian Motorsports at http://www.cmysys.com/mmsports/

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions