Re: Wedged Modem / Cannot Opem Modem Resolved

As per the docs of Linux-2.1.x, the use of cua* is deprecated in favour
of ttyS*. The cua* may disappear in future versions of the kernel.

-- Raju
       Raj Mathur / Web Technical Support / Silicon Graphics / New Delhi
         +91-11-6216324/25, 6211354/55   /    raju@sgi.com  / 551-7228
            http://reality.sgi.com/raju / It is the Mind that Moves
           PGP: F2 D4 4A 21 27 B0 63 FF | Not necessarily speaking
                15 97 9D AE 9D 40 BC B8 | for Silicon Graphics

    Arthur> On Wed, 21 Oct 1998, kees wrote:
    >> Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 20:06:40 +0200 (MET DST) From: kees
    >> <kees@schoen.nl> To: Arthur Corliss <corliss@sinbad.net> Cc:
    >> Noel Henson <noel@cowboyz.com>, flexfax@sgi.com Subject: Re:
    >> flexfax: Wedged Modem / Cannot Opem Modem Resolved
    >>
    >> Hi Guys,
    >>
    >> I had to use /dev/ttyS1 as well on Slackware with a fresh
    >> kernel source tree
    >>
    >> Kees
    >>

    Arthur> Still have to think that's strange.  I've been using
    Arthur> /dev/cuaX on all my modem stuff since the days that you
    Arthur> were supposed to.  I haven't switched yet, and I've never
    Arthur> had problem getting them to work.

    Arthur> 	--Arthur Corliss Bolverk's Lair --
    Arthur> http://www.odinicfoundation.org/arthur/ "Live Free or Die,
    Arthur> the Only Way to Live" -- NH State Motto