Re: Wedged Modem / Cannot Opem Modem Resolved

On Wed, 21 Oct 1998, kees wrote:

> Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 20:06:40 +0200 (MET DST)
> From: kees <kees@schoen.nl>
> To: Arthur Corliss <corliss@sinbad.net>
> Cc: Noel Henson <noel@cowboyz.com>, flexfax@sgi.com
> Subject: Re: flexfax: Wedged Modem / Cannot Opem Modem Resolved
>
> Hi Guys,
>
> I had to use /dev/ttyS1 as well on Slackware with a fresh
> kernel source tree
>
> Kees

Still have to think that's strange.  I've been using /dev/cuaX on all my modem
stuff since the days that you were supposed to.  I haven't switched yet, and
I've never had problem getting them to work.

	--Arthur Corliss
	  Bolverk's Lair -- http://www.odinicfoundation.org/arthur/