Modem does not support doc. Page Width

I just isntalled flexfax in a recent version of linux slackware
and I couldn't send faxes from winflex, I got the following error:

Modem does not support document Page Width

I've read the faq and found somewhere that I should use
an older version of ghostscript.

I had flexfax running in another older linux so I used that older
slakware CDs for installing that ghostscript, but it kept telling
me that error. What can I do ?
The modem is a cheap internal modem with jumpers , It works
great connecting to internet and send faxes from the command line.

The flexfax version is the latest p2 I found in the binary ftp
from sgi. It's linux-2.0.35. the clients are windows 98 , I tried
the apple laserwriter and the QMS printers.

I searched the docs from gs looking for a way to tell it not to
put the PageWidth.
I also tried to substitute gs for a perl program that filters
the PageWidth line and pipes the output to the real gs but
it doesn't work.
What can I do ?
--
mailto:frankie@etsetb.upc.es	http://www.etsetb.upc.es/~frankie