Re: Fixed Font for Ghostscript

David,

Thank you for your comments.  I have asid all along in my posts that I waas
no expert and was merely answering a question from someone else. As for the
specifics of my mail program and its usage of headers, I've been using the
setup for almost 2 years and so far I've not had anyone else complain -
even when sending and receiving mail with regard to the mail server I
attempt to administer!

d.

----------
> From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
> To: David Reid <abb37@dial.pipex.com>
> Cc: paulr@cmysys.com; flexfax@sgi.com
> Subject: Re: flexfax: Fixed Font for Ghostscript
> Date: 19 October 1998 08:28

> These two headers are mutually incompatible.  If you fix the first to
> US-ASCII, both are default and should be ommitted.
>
> > I finally found what I was looking for (sounds like a song title
doesn't
> > it?) after a few hours of web surfing.  The solution always seemed to
me to
> > find a fixed pitch font, and as courier is one of the most widely used
> > searched high and low (another song title??) until I found such a font
with
> > a font metrics file.
>
> Courier is included with ghostscript.
>
> > There seem to be a few fonts out there without a font metrics file, but
> > finally found one that had an .afm file.
>
> There is a utility with ghostscript to generate an AFM file from any
font.
> /usr/lib/ghostscript/5.10/printafm.ps

> > [InternetShortcut]
> > URL=http://www.mit.edu:8001/afs/sipb.mit.edu/contrib/postscript/Submit
>
> This looks like a Microsoft propietory format being used instead of a
proper
> MIME type.  I.E. I think it is the inside of a .lnk file, without the
lnk
> extension to give even an MS system a clue as to its nature.  There
always
> has been a MIME type for containing a pointer to the content, rather than
> the actual content.

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions