modem wedged

I installed flexflax at home easy, no problems.
Then I tried in the office , but I get errors :
I got the binary version pl1-1 for linux.

When I try to send a fax I check the logs and see :

Can not initializa modem
modem appears to be wedged

I've searched the faq and I found nothing.
The modem is a USRobotics flash external.
There is a ppp connection sometimes in this modem
that gets mails with fetchmail, but it shouldn't
be a problem.
Did I miss something obvious ?
--
mailto:frankie@etsetb.upc.es	http://www.etsetb.upc.es/~frankie