Re: MIME Attachments and Faxmail (again)

At 22:23 12/10/98 -0700, Aaron Newsome wrote:
>[snip]
>
>I checked the temp file and it does contain valid Postscript, as output by
the html2ps command.

Ah, there is a big problem sending postscript attachments through the fax
gateway. It on the TODO list as report #0019. There's a long thread in
the mailing list archives in October 1997 with the subject

            "postscript attachments show up at 5% size"

which explains what's happening and suggests some workrounds (particularly
the posts from Ben Parker).

A quick n' dirty suggestion from me is to amend your script to send the
attachment twice to std output; you should the first squashed at the bottom
of the first page, the second at normal size on the second page.

This bug still exists is because expertise in the textfmt and faxmail C++
source, knowledge of MIME protocols and the Postscript language are all
required to nail it.

Good Luck,
Phil Watkinson,
Boston, UK.