Re: Fax and Mail and remote

> 	I totally understand how to email something local for sending via
> fax, and I have it working properly.  But how do I email something from another
> system and have it sent?

That's basically a mail transport agent question not a hylafax one, but
for almost any mail system, making the hylafax machine the ultimate
internal smart host will do the job, and with the configuration macros
for sendmail 8.9 you just have to to define the hylafax machine as the
relay for the fax pseudo domain.

For older MTAs, you need to find out how they handle the bitnet pseudo
domain and provide an analogous configuration for the fax one.

For DOS/Windows based MTAs, you may need to run a Unix box as a smart host
for all outbound mail.

For aliases, rather than a pseudo domain, no network issues arise.

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions