sendfax hangs (was: USR Sportster (fwd))

> On Wed, 7 Oct 1998, Robert Colquhoun wrote:
>
> > >When i try to send a fax manually:
> > >/usr/local/bin/sendfax -d 2653107 doc8.ps,  it still with nothing to do,
> > >and sendfax command doesn't finish, and this is their behavior until i
> > >finish it manually with CTRL+C.
> > >

> > Try sendfax with the -v option, hopefully it will give a clue as to what is
> > wrong.
> >
> > good luck - Robert
> >

> Hi Robert, Hi all..
>
> I tried like you suggest me, but, unfortunately...
> sendfax isn't finish their execution, i think that isn't communicating

sendfax never talks to the modem.  Why didn't you include the diagnostic
output produced by the -v option?

Does it loop consuming CPU time, or does it just go into a wait.  If it
goes into a wait, what resource is it waiting for (non Linux systems)
or what routine is it waiting in (Linux) (from the wchan column in
ps, by looking it up in the system symbol table or directly from the output
for many systems - e.g Linux with ps properly installed).  Also for a
wait, if you have a crash dump analyzer than can run on a live kernel,
what was on the process' kernel stack when it hung.

Also use ^\, rather than ^C (on a version built with debugging symbols),
and report back on what it was doing when it was aborted (or run it under
the debugger and use ^C).

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions