hylafax questions

	Hello,
	I'm looking into paging software products, and had a few
	questions on whether hylafax meets our requirements.
	My questions are listed below. I would need the product
	primarily to send numeric and alpha pages.
	Anyone can answer any of the below? Thanks for any help!
	Please e-mail to apatnaik@aircom.com

	1. Does the product support paging the below?
	    a. numeric only pagers
	    b. alpha pagers
	    c. PCS phones (I don't need this right now)
	    d. Fax (I don't need this right now)

	2. What are the means to set up the pager database?

	3. How are configuration data stored? (flat file, database,
etc.) What options
	    are there if any?

	4. Does the product do both touch-tone dialling and TAP
protocol.
	    Touch tone would apply to numeric-only pagers.

	5. Do you ship source code? executables?

	6. Is the product interface API driven? Are there different APIs
per pager type??
	    Is the configuration data part of the API interface?

	7. Can configuration params be changed on the fly?

	8. What configuration params are needed to set up the paging
product?

	9. Do you support the following:

	    a. Scheduled paging (time of day, day of week)
	    b. Number of pagers in directory
	    c. inhibit paging, globally
	    d. set up a delay between consecutive pages to a single
paging number
	    e. how much data per page (for alpha only)
	     f. checking that page is successfully sent
	    g. retrying paging if unsuccessful

	10. What is the user interface to the set up of the paging
product? Is it
	      script driven with flat file backend, Graphical GUI, or
some other means? Elaborate

	THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!

	Anjela Patnaik

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions