RE>modem locking again

Hi.
Hang on, that's not an error. Read carefully, you will see that the
typical incidence looks like this:
FaxQueuer[320]: SUBMIT JOB 1387
FaxGetty[349]: ANSWER: Can not lock modem device
FaxSend[16218]: MODEM ROCKWELL RC32ACL/V1.410-AS29
FaxSend[16218]: SEND FAX: JOB 1387 DEST 8293?790 COMMID 00001558
FaxGetty[349]: MODEM ROCKWELL RC32ACL/V1.410-AS29
..
First, FaxQueuer submits the job, and Hylafax grabs the modem. FaxGetty
immediately complains that it couldn't get a hold on the modem (someone
else has- Hylafax) FaxSend then tells you what it's up to, and when the
communication is over FaxGetty comes back and tells you it's got the
modem again. Sounds like it's working to me... Mind you, i have never
tried to share a modem between dial out (minicom style) and Hylafax. Is
that what you are asking about? Anyone else?

Michael :)

-------------------------------------
Still can't see how to implement modem locking that works...

I keep seeing these messages in the logs:

 FaxGetty[300]: ANSWER: Can not lock modem device

(this is on unpatched Redhat 5.1, hylafax RPM 4.0-7)

--

Doesn't seem to affect performance, but I'm suspicious that it could...

Is there any documentation on locking other than the tiny bit in the
FAQ?

--
"a gust of wind...a dog barks..."

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions