[Fwd: viewfax utility]

Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 12:09:05 +0000
From: Didier Legein <didierlegein@mosaic.xs4all.be>
To: flexfax@sgi.com
Subject: viewfax utility

Maybe someone wrote a script for this.
I'm using viewfax (from the sgi site) to view my incoming fax' in *tif
format.

Now I'm changing the reception mode from priniting to "by email with
attachment".

As viewfax doesn't need conversion to *ps format i could cut the
conversion stuff but here comes the problem :

viewfax needs a commandline argument such as :

viewfax <file> and than displays the file.

However "viewfax" doesn't do anything by itself.

I pointed in Netscape all *tiff extensions to use viewfax but this
doesn't work. As I click on the attached attachment file (->the actual
fax) viewfax can't display the linked fax.

So has  anyone a little script that automatically launches viewfax
<attached_file_to_email>. Somehow the script should append the "clicked
file" behind the viewfax command.

I hope this is somewhat clear ...

Didier LEGEIN

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions